Bachelor of Arts in Communications. Loyola University New Orleans. December 2000.
Grants Training. CANPO. 2004.
- Independent Contractor. July 2005 to the present. WWeb Content/SEO Editor, Content Marketing Manager, Social Media Campaign Specialist and Content Writer for different clients. Website management for law firm. Responsible for SEO, website design/redesign and promotions. Handle social media duties, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn and social bookmarking promotions. Assist with the creation of a mobile app for the iPhone and Android platforms. Freelance photographer.
- Contract Social Media/Community Manager. Savvisdirect/CenturyLink. September 2012 to May 2013. Create a social media program for a new startup inside of CenturyLink. Run all social networking sites, including YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+. Interact in technical/IT professionals forums. Recruit and manage internal resources and guide them in promoting company messages via social networks. Content creation and marketing, including blog, web copy and webinars. Event management.
- Contract Web Editor. Thermo Fisher Scientific. May 2012 to present. Responsible for editing current web content and writing new content. Conducting SEO analysis and providing advice for natural search, including looking for keyword and internal linking opportunities.
- Content Marketing Manager. Shift 1 Design. November 2011 to May 2012. Worked for two clients: Vehix.com and TheHoochLife.com. Responsible for all social media and SEO duties, including identifying keyword opportunities for natural search, running social media/SEO campaigns on multiple platforms and writing SEO-based content. Assisted with SEM duties. Performed analysis on the success of campaigns and overall site performance. Drove nearly 40,000 new visitors to the TheHoochLife.com in a single week via StumbleUpon.
- Contract Social Media Manager. Earth Fare. May 2009 to July 2010. Handled many social media duties, including link building, blogger outreach and community outreach/management. Wrote website content and assisted with website design. Responsible for building @EarthFare Twitter following and Facebook Fan Page. Created pamphlets, videos, press releases and PowerPoint presentations. Handled copywriting duties. Managed social media team.
- Contract Social Media/Community Relations Manager. Viscape.com. July 2008 to May 2009. Managed two employees and directed Web 2.0 social media efforts. Wrote blogs for My Sweet Viscape and press releases. Did outreach to real estate professionals and travel/technical bloggers via social media avenues. Drove traffic back to site via link building, SEO optimization and outreach. Wrote HTML for Craigslist ads and proposals.
- Editor. HRPlus. September 2003 to August 2004 and January 2005 to June 2005. Proofread and edit reports. Rewrote content to improve readability.
- Development Assistant. Laradon Hall. August 2004 to December 2004. Handled database maintenance, donor correspondence, marketing documents and grant proposals.
- Temporary. Bridge House Corporation. February 2003 to April 2003. Worked as a copy editor for grants, newsletters and marketing materials, such as brochures and website.
- Marketing Assistant. Eli-Henry Group. May 2001 to May 2002. Created company newsletter and performed all marketing duties. Worked as a web developer/designer, assisting clients with creating their websites.
- Customer Service Representative. Diabetes Management and Supply. 1999 to 2001. Performed all outbound order renewal calls and assisted with inbound calls. Handled all marketing duties, including creating the company catalog and newsletter. Updated the company website with new content and information using an FTP server.
Freelance Work Industries
Event Marketing, Telecom, Cloud Computing, Grocery, Retail, Liquor, Life Sciences, IT, Catalog, Entertainment, Travel, Home Repair, Lawn and Garden and Real Estate
Computer – Google Analytics, Google AdWords, HTML, CSS, Adobe Pagemaker, Adobe Illustrator, Joomla!, MediaMath, Marketo, Salesforce, Xenu, Cold Fusion, XML, Microsoft Office, iPhoto, Windows, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Apperture, Donor Quest, muvee, Reflections, Sony Vegas, Donor Pro, SiteCatalyst, Omniture, WordPress, Ektron, MediaMath, cloud computing, Drupal, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, FBX (Facebook Exchange), Webmaster Tools, ADP and Adobe Creative Suite.
Other – SEO, SEM, copywriting, copy editing, content marketing, social media strategy, SEO quality assurance, content optimization, social media maintenance, proofreading, display advertising, content editing, webmaster, online advertising, grant writing, research, article/blog writing, marketing and web design.
Contact Me for More Information on How I Can Help You!